- By purchasing a ticket (also known as a “badge”) and being admitted to Legends Con, the holder consents to follow all rules laid out by the convention. Failure to do so may result in your badge being revoked and your removal from the convention without refund at any time.
- Your Legends Con convention badge must be worn and visible at all times while attending Legends Con.
- Offensive behavior is not permitted. Legends Con staff and security reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention without refunding the cost of your badge if you are behaving in an inconsiderate or inappropriate fashion.
- Naked is not a costume. Please wear an appropriate amount of clothing to comply with California state law while attending Legends Con. Please refer to our Cosplay Policy for further details.
- Please carefully read and abide by our weapons policy. Due to the reality of the modern world, security staff and local law enforcement may treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun. All prop weapons will be inspected prior to entry.
- Legends Con is not responsible for any damaged, lost, or stolen property, or any injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
- Do not abuse the convention venue. This includes but is not limited to, attaching anything to the walls or floor, littering, damage of property, and smoking in non-designated smoking areas.
- Life happens! Special guests and events are subject to changes or cancellation without notice. Any and all changes will be announced on the Legends Con website and social media channels.
- By attending Legends Con, you consent to being recorded (by audio, visual and/or other means) for exhibition and use by any means in all media now known or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity. As a condition of entry, patrons and staff may be recorded from any cameras located on site.
- Legends Con strives to create an inclusive, welcoming, and safe environment for everyone. Please see our Accessibility Policy if you will need assistance or accommodations at our event.
- Security screenings may be required prior to entry. If you would like to be screened by security personnel of your same gender, please let security personnel know prior to the search process. Screening of children will always take place with the consent of a parent or guardian.
We will be following state health guidelines that are in place at the time of the convention. If you are feeling ill or have been around anyone with an illness we ask you refrain from coming to the convention. If you are not able to attend the event due to illness, please contact us to discuss a transfer of ticket or refund which will occur on a case-by-case basis.
Due to the fact that this will be a large gathering of people from many different geographic areas, wearing a mask is strongly encouraged.
Grounds for Ejection
The following behaviors are grounds for ejection from Legends Con without refund:
- Rowdiness, violence, or aggressive behavior
- Harassment of any guest, attendee, vendor, volunteer, or staff member
- Bringing a real weapon
- Use or possession of illegal narcotics
- Use of counterfeit currency
- Vandalism or theft of property
- Showing overt signs of intoxication
- Engaging in conduct that may cause harm to yourself or others
- Non-compliance with a staff request
- Smoking and use of tobacco products, including use of e-cigarettes, outside of designated areas
- Failure to comply with any convention policy
Items Not Allowed at Legends Con
- Laser pointers
- Walkie-talkies or professional radio equipment
- Real weapons
- Drones or any other remote flying device
Refusal of Ticket Refund
You may be refused a refund for reasons including but not limited to:
- Harassment or any form of violence to any of the attendees, guests, staff, vendors, etc.
- Bringing a real weapon to the convention
- Ejection due to a convention policy infraction
- Abuse of the services infrastructure, such as voluminous spamming, denial-of-service attacks, or attempts to compromise the stability or security of the service infrastructure. Additionally, please follow Eventbrite’s policies.
Please be considerate of others when taking photographs! Do not block pathways or otherwise impede movement to take photographs, especially in high-traffic areas such as near doors, elevators, emergency exits and in busy hallways. If you are impeding the flow of traffic you may be asked to move.
While it is reasonable that photographers will be taking pictures of cosplayers and other parts of the convention, no attendee should ever feel that they are being stalked, exploited, degraded, or disrespected through being photographed. It is always the best policy to ask someone before you photograph them! If photography becomes harassing and/or sexual in nature, the photographer will be subject to our convention harassment policy.
If posting your photos of our event to social media, please consider including our hashtag: #LegendsCon
Fostering an environment of positivity and inclusivity while we celebrate our love of the Expanded Universe is an essential part of Legends Con. We believe that all attendees, exhibitors, guests, staff and volunteers should be treated with dignity and respect. This means that we expect everyone of any gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability, body type, age, fandom, etc. to feel welcome and safe at Legends Con. Legends Con will not tolerate harassment in any form. This includes but is not limited to: sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted advances or physical contact, physical assault, threats, threatening language or other verbal harrassment, and inappropriate photography.
If it is determined through either a complaint or observation that harassment has occurred, the perpetrator may face any and all of the following repercussions:
- Be issued a warning to cease and desist
- Be asked to leave the convention immediately and/or be escorted from premises
- Be banned from the convention for a period of time, as determined by convention staff
- Not receive a refund
Legends Con takes harassment very seriously. If you feel that you are being harassed, please report your problems to a staff, crew, or volunteer member immediately. If you cannot find one of these people nearby to assist you, please go to one of the convention-run tables near the entrance of the exhibition floor.
All costumes should be safe and decent to wear in public. Our convention is for all ages, and costumes must reflect that.
- No nudity. There may not be underwear in space, but there is at Legends Con. California law defines indecent exposure as exposing one’s private parts “in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby.” Legends Con staff reserves the right to decide what is considered appropriate for the show’s audience.
- Your costume must be sturdily constructed in a manner that cannot cause damage to any other persons or objects. You will be held responsible for any damage your costume causes to other persons, property, or to the event venue. Legends Con staff reserves the right to ask you to change your costume if it is deemed hazardous.
- You must wear protective footwear at all times. (Sorry Tahiri.) Many options exist for low-visibility footwear within the realm of cosplay and dance gear.
- Your costume must allow movement with limited assistance, and should not block the flow of traffic or emergency exits.
- Real life hate symbols are not permitted to be worn either as part of a costume, or as street clothes. Convention staff reserves the right to make this judgment and require the removal of such symbols.
- Prop weapons must follow our Weapons Policy.
We understand that cosplay weapons are a huge part of your costume! In order for everyone to have a safe and fun convention, however, please observe these rules. If you are in violation of these policies you may be asked to return your prop weapon to your vehicle or hotel room. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave the convention without a refund.
Real weapons including but not limited to knives and functional firearms (such as paintball, airsoft, BB guns, cap guns, any gun that shoots a real projectile or causes a real explosion) are strictly prohibited. Any attempt to bring in a real gun or knife will be subject to entry refusal and authorities may be contacted.
Any prop weapon that could seriously hurt someone is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Functional projectile weapons (such as a crossbow or slingshot) that discharges a projectile
- Anything with sharp edges. All prop edges regardless of material should be dulled to not cause damage to persons or objects
- Realistic firearms — any gun that could be confused for a real gun is not permitted
- Whips (Sorry Lumiya)
- Blunt weapons like bats, clubs, or hockey sticks
Additionally, props that cause excessive noise are not permitted. We reserve the right to ask you to quiet any props that become disruptive. Persons that refuse to comply with the Weapons Policy will be refused entry into the event.
Weapons should not be brandished in a manner that could potentially cause harm or distress to others. This includes lightsaber dueling that is not part of a convention sanctioned performance.
Legends Con will provide accessibility bracelets to attendees with disabilities and up to one companion per person. Both the attendee and the companion must have a Legends Con badge to attend the event. Bracelets are for individuals with mobility, vision, hearing, age related, or other difficulties and may be used to avoid waiting in lines and have access to designated seating for panels (you are not required to sit in those seats if you do not want to).
Information on acquiring an accessibility and companion bracelet is TBA. Please email us at LegendsConsortium@gmail.com with any questions.
General Accessibility of the Burbank Marriott Convention Center
- The convention center and its restrooms are ADA accessible
- Multiple accessible parking spots are available with direct access to the convention center
- Gender neutral bathrooms are available to attendees within the hotel wing of the Marriott across the courtyard from the convention center
- A designated Quiet Room will be available to all guests who need somewhere to decompress away from the noise and other stimulation of the convention.
- Service animals who are trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability, through a specific action, are welcome at our convention. All other animals including therapy or anxiety pets are not permitted.
- If you need additional accommodations that are not listed here, please email us at LegendsConsortium@gmail.com and we will do our best to provide for your needs!
Security of Information
We treat your personal information as confidential and will handle it in accordance with data protection legislation as well as with the terms of this statement. In addition, Legends Con uses third-party vendors such as Eventbrite and Ko-Fi in accordance with their policies as well. Your personal information will never be sold, disseminated, or abused by Legends Con.
Non-Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Legends Con does not divulge any personal information gathered via our services to third parties, with the exception of any conditions included here. Moreover, Legends Con will not deliberately sell any information regarding any of the participants to any third parties. Notwithstanding anything in this policy, Legends Con may use or share any information obtained about the participant or that you have submitted in the following scenarios:
- Response to any known subpoenas, court orders, or legal process directed at Legends Con, or to establish, protect, or exercise Legends Con legal rights or defend against any legal claims or demands;
- Information used if it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats of violence or to the safety of any person related to or present at Legends Con;
- Information used if it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the services infrastructure or the Internet in general in examples like voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the services.
Additional Convention Policies
By visiting the website and/or attending the convention, you agree to be bound by the terms of the present policies. This policy was last modified on March 7th 2023. Legends Con does reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to modify or replace any of the policy outlined. Any changes to the policy will be viewable at this URL. Legends Con maintains that it will be your responsibility to check the policy periodically for any updates or changes. Your attendance constitutes acceptance of those changes. When purchasing through the ticketing system (Eventbrite), you are also bound by the Purchase Agreement for Tickets. If you have any questions about these policies, please email us at LegendsConsortium@gmail.com.
Legends Con is an unofficial community organized event, which is not sponsored, run by, or affiliated with Lucasfilm Ltd. All event proceeds will go to a charitable cause.