Con policies can be found here.
Venue & Tickets
When and where will Legends Con take place?
Legends Con will be held the weekend of September 9th & 10th, 2023 at the Marriott Convention Center in Burbank, California. This convention center is conveniently located near the Hollywood-Burbank Airport.
Where can I buy tickets?
Will there be a hotel room block?
The Legends Con hotel block is now closed. More information about the hotel and booking at their regular rate can be found here.
Who is hosting the convention?
Legends Consortium Volunteer Group is hosting the convention. Our planning team is made up of a group of dedicated Expanded Universe fans with professional experience in event management. You can find out more about our leadership team here.
What are the goals of Legends Con?
- To host a dedicated convention for fans of Legends to gather and celebrate the books, comics and games that we love.
- To create a positive environment that does not tolerate bigotry, and is a welcoming and inclusive space for everyone who loves Legends.
- To support the creators of Legends content and celebrate their work,
- To support fan content creation by providing a place to showcase these works.
How is Legends Con funded?
We will not be making a profit off of this convention, and all event proceeds will go to The Peter Mayhew Foundation.
Like most conventions, the primary source of income for LegendsCon is from ticket sales and the sale of booth space in our exhibit hall. We also rely on crowdfunding donations to be able to bring you an event that is truly legendary! Currently you can support us on Ko-Fi.
Any business sponsorship must come from official Star Wars licensees or promotional partners. If that describes your business and you would like to partner with us, please email us at LegendsConsortium@gmail.com! If your business is not an official Star Wars licensee/partner, we would still greatly value your donations but unfortunately we cannot have you as an official sponsor.
Our organization is not legally a nonprofit, so donations will not be tax deductible.
What Can I Expect To See At Legends Con?
On the Exhibit Floor
Apart from vendors, artists, and special guests, you’ll also be able to explore fan-made props, costumes and displays focused on Legends material and the wider SW Galaxy.
See our Programming page for more information about events at our convention!
Cosplay is highly encouraged! Some of our lead organizers are closely tied to the major SW costuming organizations and we plan to make this convention a fantastic place to bring your Legends (and other) costumes!
Visit our Special Guests page for the full list of confirmed guests who will be appearing at LegendsCon!
Panels focused on the Expanded Universe will be hosted throughout the convention, including both fan-led panels and panels by official creators. Visit our Programming page for more information
How many attendees will Legends Con have?
Legends Con is looking to attract approximately 400 attendees.
Is this an official Star Wars convention?
No. This event is not sponsored, run by or affiliated with Lucasfilm Ltd.
Does this event have permission to be run?
Yes! We have been in communication with Lucasfilm Fan Relations and have agreed to adhere to their guidelines for Star Wars fan events. We are very grateful to be allowed to organize this convention!
What is Legend Con’s stance on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion?
Legends Con is focused on creating a welcoming and inclusionary space for all Expanded Universe fans. Our volunteer team is made up of fans from all walks of life, and plan to bring their strong desire for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Expanded Universe community to Legends Con.
What is near Burbank, California for my vacation?
- Burbank is part of Los Angeles County, so you’ll be visiting the vibrant city of LA!
- One hour drive to Disneyland
- 30 minutes to Universal Studios
- 30 minutes to Scum & Villainy Cantina themed bar
- Ten minutes away from the Los Angeles Zoo and the observatory in Griffith Park
- One hour drive to famous Santa Monica beach,
- 40 minutes to the Getty Art Museum, LA Museum of Art (LACMA), the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) or the Natural History Museum
- Burbank Aviation Museum