Media & PR Resources
The Legends Consortium is happy to assist media partners with access to LegendsCon media badges, guests, and behind-the-scenes activities as well as press kit materials to help make the most out of their experience and coverage of LegendsCon! Please reach out to email@example.com for assistance with any of the following:
- Background information on LegendsCon
- Interview requests with LegendsCon guests
- Press kit and promotional materials including logos, stock photos and usage guidelines.
- On-site assistance for press and content creators at LegendsCon
Have additional questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Media badge application are open until July 1st. See below for links to our three application types.
LegendsCon Media Badges
Who Qualifies for a Media Badge?
Media badge applicants, please note that all live streaming is prohibited at LegendsCon (per LFL guidelines for Star Wars fan events.)
Press registration is open to journalists regularly making editorial contributions to newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, or editorial websites. Editorial press includes writers, reporters, reviewers, producers, photographers, videographers, etc. from verifiable media outlets as well as freelance journalists on assignment with a verifiable media outlet. If you are a freelance journalist, you may be asked to provide an assignment letter. Apply Now!
Creator registration is open to content creators including independent bloggers, podcasters, influencers, or others with a significant social media or online presence. Creators also agree to promote their appearance at LegendsCon on their social media platforms and website at least five times prior to the event. Apply Now!
Media professional badges are open to graphic designers, marketing and public relations staff, chief officers, and sales staff from verifiable media outlets. They are available at a discounted rate of $50 for both days of the convention. Apply Now!
All categories of media badges provide access to both days of LegendsCon for the purpose of reporting on or showcasing the convention. Media badges do not provide badgeholders with free, early, or special access to any lines, panels, meet-and-greets, or other events.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a badge.
You’ll be notified if you have been approved or denied within 21 business days of when we received your badge application. If you are approved, additional information will be provided in your confirmation email. Every individual applying for a media badge may only apply once.
- Media badges are issued individually.
If you are part of a team (photographer, videographer, journalist, etc.), each member of your team must complete an application and be approved separately. LegendsCon reserves the right to approve or deny any application as there is a limit to the number of press tickets provided to each organization.
- You may be required to send verification.
If you apply for a media badge, you may need to provide links to editorial work, podcast examples, social media handles and possibly assignment letters if your work is not easily verifiable.
- Media badges are non-transferable and non-resellable.
Individuals may not sell or give away their media badge. Doing so will result in removal from the convention and disqualification of attending future LegendsCon events.
- Media badges are limited.
Badges are issued only to those individuals who will be promoting, reporting on or showcasing the event. Tickets will not be issued to family, or guests. Media badges will not be issued to individuals under the age of 18 for any reason.
- You must be 18 or older to qualify for a media badge of any category.
There are no exceptions.
Additional Information & FAQ
- What does a media badge include?
Your media badges allows you to schedule interviews through LegendsConsortium by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Press/ Professional /Content Creator badge DOES NOT allow:
- Early or special access to LegendsCon
- Guaranteed seating at panels and events
- The ability to cut lines
- Free access to any events requiring an additional ticket
- Interviews with LegendsCon representatives (including team members and volunteers), special guests, authors, artists, and panelists must be pre-approved and arranged by the convention. unapproved interviews are not allowed.
- The LegendsCon team is happy to help you schedule interviews at the discretion of staff, volunteers and guests. Please submit a wish list for on-site interviews prior to the show to email@example.com
- Access to celebrities and special guests (celebrity, special guest, author, and artist interviews must be requested through the convention. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I film at LegendsCon?
You are welcome to film footage at LegendsCon. However, live streaming is NOT permitted. Although LegendsCon is not sponsored, run by, or affiliated with Lucasfilm Ltd., we are operating under guidelines provided to us by Lucasfilm Fan Relations. Live streaming around the Marriott during LegendsCon is not allowed under any circumstances and can result in revocation of press privileges and ejection from the convention.
- Will there be Wi-Fi available at the convention?
Yes, there will be Wi-Fi available at the convention.
- Can I use walkie-talkies or wireless microphones at LegendsCon?
Electronics or tech accessories requiring radio frequency can cause interruptions to LegendsCon and Marriott staff operations. These items are not permitted at LegendsCon. We suggest you utilize the available WiFi for communication purposes.